St Andrews Bowker Row

  • In 1803 some members of Duke's Alley Chapel decided to move to Moor Lane to found the 'Scots Church' on the site of St. Paul's, Deansgate.This cause lapsed in 1818, and was revived in the Little Bolton Town Hall in 1838 under the Lancashire Presbytery of the Church of Scotland, becoming St. Andrew's with the opening of their chapel in Bowker's Row in 1846. The only major addition was that of the School Hall, constructed at the same time as the sanctuary.
  • There was some discussion in 1905 of a move to the St. Georges Road neighbourhood, but it came to nothing.
  • The fellowship assisted in the formation of Mornington Road (later Somerset Road) Presbyterian Church and received members on the closure of St. Stephen's Bradford Road (1875)