The United Reformed Church of St andrew and St George
The United Reformed Church in England and Wales was established following an enabling Act of Parliament of 1972.
- It rapidly became obvious that there was no room for two United Reformed Churches in the centre of Bolton, and, following the call to the Revd Derek Swansbury to be minister of St Georges Road and then both St Georges Road and St Andrews, discussions finally brought them together in October 1979.
- Notable Features
There are a number of large stained glass windows in the church.
One in memory of William Hesketh Lever (1st. Viscount Leverhulme, former Deacon and Mayor of Bolton several times) and one in memory of his wife Elizabeth Ellen Hulme.
There are also memorial windows to the members of the Tillotson family, founders of the Bolton Evening News. One commemorating James Lever Tillotson with his wife Lindsey and Fred Lever Tillotson and his wife Dorothy.
- The other Tillotson window commemorates William Fred Tillotson and his wife Mary.
At the rear of the church there are windows of St. Andrew, St. George and St. Patrick, (originally installed in St. Andrew's Church) commemorating Samuel Hodgkinson.
- The window above the main entrance commemorates St. David and is the most recent addition (1995).
- The organ is a renovated Foster and Andrews 3-manual pedal model originally installed in the mid 1890's.